- Assert the city’s desire to create tailored transportation solutions that fit our specific needs and reduce congestion. No mass transit solution should be overlooked.
- Metro along the I-66 corridor.
- Support the improvements on I-66
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) – BRT is a term applied to a public transportation system using buses to provide faster, more efficient service than an ordinary bus line (Figure 1).
- Move people as effectively as rail at a potentially lower initial capital cost.
- Fully utilize existing roadways and rights-of-way.
- Take advantage of available technology (e.g., automatic vehicle location, passenger. information, signal priority, and “Smart Card” type fare collection).
- Change the mindset from conventional bus fleet operations to state-of-the-art transit systems that are convenient, reliable, attractive, and comfortable.
- CUE Bus – Greater partnership with George Mason University.